Want to travel the world but don’t think your budget allows it? Don’t throw away dreams of vacationing because you don’t think you can afford the adventure. With a little research and planning you can become a budget-savvy traveler. Here are some budget travel tips and handy information for getting around the globe on as little cash as possible.
1) Airfare – To save on airfare your best bet is to plan ahead. Advance tickets can be bought at a huge discount, while waiting to purchase airline tickets until right before your flight will cost a fortune. Also, if you are buying tickets online you can often lock in prices and receive money back if the ticket prices drop. You can also frequently find great deals online or get promotional codes for even greater discounts.
2) Transportation – When traveling, transportation costs can really add up. Always try to avoid taxis when possible. Taxis are highly convenient but the prices are high and there are usually more budget friendly alternatives available. Public transportation is not only a great way to save money but it can provide an excellent way to experience new places. Walking when possible is your best budget-friendly way to travel. It is a fantastic way to sight see and it is completely free.
3) Meals – Eating while on vacation can really start adding up if you are not careful. Try and plan your meals in advance whenever possible. Then you can control the cost of the restaurants you visit and not end up shocked when the bill comes after a meal. If you do plan on dining out for your meals try and eat a bigger lunch and go easy at dinner time. Lunches at restaurants are often a lot more budget friendly then dinners so it will really cut down on the costs of dining out. Shopping locally and preparing your own meals is also a viable alternative that can be an entertaining option that will really save money.
4) Lodging – Accommodations during your vacation will probably one of the biggest expenses. Plan ahead and reserve rooms in advance when possible so you can research the best deals and prices within your budget. You can often save money when shopping online by purchasing airfare, transportation and lodging in a travel package. Your options may be limited when you order a travel package but prices are often greatly discounted. Looking for accommodations that are a little out of the way of tourist attractions can often net you huge discounts as well. Just take into account the fact that your travel will be greater and possibly more costly.
5) Free Activities – Not everything on your trip has to cost money. Most places you visit will have tourist traps that are expensive and not all they are cracked up to be. Talk to locals and see what they love to do. Some may even volunteer to show you around. Check out all of the local sites that are admission free. Places like gardens, museums, historical sites and parks are often free and will offer you a great glimpse of culture wherever you are visiting.
As you can see, with a little wise planning and flexibility your next vacation doesn’t have to break the bank. Traveling can be within your reach if you just follow these simple tips and rethink your vacation as a budget-savvy traveler. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next adventure today.